Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sketches of Alison

In the next few weeks, I am going to be starting a portrait of my lovely wife, Alison, most likely in acrylic.  Until then, here are a few sketches of her from earlier in our marriage.
Here is my favorite sketch of her.  We were sitting up on Rocky Knob, spending part of the day doing some hiking and drawing.  She thought I was drawing the landscape.  I was drawing something much more interesting and beautiful.
 I think she is sewing something if I remember correctly--or probably making a necklace (it's been awhile).
Ahh, here's the artist at work!  Don't spook her--just move quietly along to the next one...
Not my favorite, but still a very interesting exercise for me, and it has some nice treatments--I always wish I had struggled through to finish this one a little more, but, oh well.
Now here's an interesting one.  Never sleep around someone with a sketchbook and a pencil...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment